Exams & Key Information
Up to date regulations relating to exams, coursework, non-exam assessments, social media etc. can be found on the JCQ website by clicking on the button below
Exam Checklist - for students
- Students must arrive to the Bistro 15 minutes prior to an examination.
- When taking exams, bags and coats should be left in lockers/form room (speak to form tutor). Valuables, including mobile phones, watches, iPods, headphones including wireless headphones should be placed in a school bag or given to an Invigilators who will take items to Reception for collection after the exam.
- Electronic devices – Students must not have mobile phones or smart watches in their possession (either on or off). This is very important – if a phone or smartwatch is found it could result in your exam disqualification.
- Students must not have notes, MP3 players, iPods, etc in your possession.
- Students must bring a black pen, pencil, rubber and any other stationery which is required for your exam. Only clear pencil cases are allowed. Gel pens cannot be used for an exam – many exam papers are scanned and sent electronically for marking.
- Students sitting exams where a calculator is permitted cannot bring in the lid of the calculator to an exam room, any data stored in the calculator must be deleted prior to entering the exam hall.
- There is no talking or communication once students enter the exam hall. If students have any questions, they should raise their hand once seated and an invigilator will come to them.
- Students sitting KS4 examination must wear school uniform, Students are advised to dress sensibly for an exam. The temperature in the exam room can fluctuate during the May/June time.
- No food is allowed in the exam hall (if a student has a special requirement – please see Mrs Ellams, Exams Officer, before the exams).
- Water bottles are allowed in the exam hall. These should be clear bottles and there should be no label on the bottle