Grade 3 £9.43-£9.81 per hour
25-30 hours per week, 38 weeks per year plus two inset days (term-time)
Line Manager: Catering Manager
General Information/Purpose of Job
To support the Catering Manager and cover in any absence. Prepare, cook, and present all menu items, providing high quality dishes for our customers.
- To prepare, cook and assemble menus as stated in profile recipes following the set portion control.
- To ensure all food is stored, handled, and packed at the correct temperature and in
accordance with food management system Safer Food Better business.
- Complete and maintain records of temperatures and remedial action taken when
necessary. Recording actions in the SFBB diary.
- To serve food from any of the current food outlets following all customer service
standards as stated and operating a cashless epos.
- To comply with all food safety and health & safety legislation, ensuring the H&S of
yourself, your colleagues, and customers. Use any machinery and equipment in
accordance with the risk assessment for the area.
- Carry out general cleaning of kitchen, its surrounds and equipment to ensure a hygienic
and safe working environment.
- Helping plan with the Catering Manager and come up with ideas for 15-day menu cycles to ensure customer requirements are met within nutritional guidelines. Plan and organise special events and theme days, including Christmas.
- Overseeing general kitchen and dining room duties e.g washing up, setting up and
clearing away of equipment/tables.
- Assisting catering manager with end of day tasks and administration using the computer.
The above is a general Job Description and covers the main aspects of the role. In addition to this there are responsibilities specific to the role in our school as follows:
• Ordering of food. Supervise Team in absence of manager
• Check off deliveries and check invoices. Record delivery and pack away.
• Complete production and waste sheets, adjusting for day-to-day changes in pupil numbers.
• Follow all HACCAP regulations in relation to food safety legislation.
• Be competent in cooking and baking.
• Ensure all H&S regulations are adhered.
• Managing the production of food items to all food outlets.
- Additional cleaning days required during the main school closure periods.
- The jobholder works as a member of a kitchen team with other kitchen assistants and under the supervision of the catering manager. All responsibilities are shared with other kitchen assistants but may not necessarily be exercised daily as a rota system of tasks is in operation.
Not withstanding the detail in this job description, in accordance with the School’s Flexibility Policy the job holder will undertake such work as may be determined by the Headteacher/Governing Body from time to time, up to or at a level consistent with the main responsibilities of the job.