Welcome from our Chaplain
The role of our School Chaplain
- Pastoral care and support for pupils, staff and the wider school community
- Leading worship and groups that enable students to explore faith.
- Providing a safe space to listen and Pray.
- Fostering the schools vision Known, Nurtured and Inspired, rooted in Jesus’s words in John 10:10 I have come to give you life and life in all its fullness.
- Contributing to pupil’s moral and character development.
- Creating resources for spiritual guidance
- Engaging in holistic ethos development initiatives.
Revd Hana Amner
Alongside their learning journey, we believe that our students are also on a spiritual journey to know themselves and to be known by God.
Collective worship at Bishops’ is inclusive and aims not only to nourish and encourage those with an active Christian faith but also to stimulate, inspire and support all our students on their personal spiritual journey. Worship is invitational and provides all students with opportunities to experience God through prayer whilst also benefiting from regular periods of stillness and reflection.
Our worship life is varied and creative, involving music, biblical readings, stories and periods of silence. Collective assemblies – which are led by our Chaplain, visiting speakers from local churches and by our students themselves – provide an opportunity for our students and staff to come together and develop a deeper understanding of spirituality through knowing the foundational truths that they are loved and understood by God, and by seeing that the life and teachings of Jesus have important things to say to them today.
Worship also takes place daily during Form Time using prayers and resources that nurture our students in their spiritual, moral and character development. Opportunities are also provided for staff and parents to join in worship together. Staff INSET Days always provide an opportunity for colleagues to share Holy Communion and our Chaplain also leads an occasional parent prayer group.