The Governing Body is responsible for setting the strategic direction of the school and holding the Headteacher and Senior Leadership to account. This includes overseeing progress against the School Development Plan, agreeing the school’s budget and setting the school’s policies.
Governors are volunteers, committed to the success of all students at the school. Governors are appointed in a variety of ways:
- Appointed by the Diocesan Bishop (1 Governor)
- Appointed by the Diocesan Board of Education (6 Governors)
- Appointed by the Chester Blue Coat Church of England Education Foundation (5 Governors)
- Parent Governors, elected by parents of students of the school (2 Governors)
- Staff Governors, elected by staff (2 Governors)
- The Headteacher, who is an ex-officio Governor