Why study ICT?
ICT provides a great foundation for studying ICT or a related area in Higher Education. It also provides students with a wealth of skills and knowledge for direct entry into apprenticeships and employment.
Where can this course lead?
ICT can open up a broad range of pathways, including further studies in ICT or Computer Science, moving onto technical qualifications, apprenticeships in areas such as software development or cyber security.
What do students think?
- “It’s a challenging and rewarding course.”
- “The coursework gives you a way to look at the work and get real world experience at the same time.”
- “The website development coursework is really interesting.”
Who could be teaching me?
- Mrs Caroe has 9 years’ experience in teaching A Level ICT and has examined for OCR.
- Mr Fletcher has 6 years’ experience in teaching A Level ICT and is a specialist in web development
- Mr Moffatt was head of ICT & Learning Technologies here at Bishops’ before becoming Head of Sixth Form. He is an experienced ICT specialist who delivers the IT systems element of the course, and also has a Masters degree in teaching and learning.
- Sergei is currently studying Computer Science at Liverpool John Moores University.
- Alicia is completing a degree level apprenticeship at Barclays Bank.
- Cormac is currently completing a degree level apprenticeship with GCHQ at Cheltenham University.