We all use businesses every day – shops, websites and apps are just a few ways that we access them. This course gives you an insight into how these businesses are run and what makes some businesses successful while others fail. You might even choose to start your own business one day! This course covers all types of business, from sole traders with just one person who owns and runs the business to multinational corporations with tens of thousands of employees.
Where can this course lead?
Students with an A Level in Business have gone on to work and study in a variety of fields. This has included degress in business, marketing, logistics, IT, and the sports sector to name just a few.
What do students think?
- “I like the fact that it’s about real businesses that I’ve heard of. It’s not just a load of theory. It’s real life.”
- “The marketing work was really interesting. I watch the adverts of TV very differently now.”
- “It’s good to know how businesses recruit staff. I’ll be looking at my notes before I apply for a job in the future!”
Who could be teaching me?
- Mr McAlynn has 7 years’ experience teaching Business A level and has previously worked for Intel as an e-commerce consultant.
- Mrs Caroe, in addition to more that 6 years’ experience teaching Business, has also been an examiner for the subject for AQA.
- Jake is completing a degree level apprenticeship
- Tom is currently studying International Business at university
- Charlotte went on to study International Business and Economics at The University of Manchester