Careers and Personal Development
At Bishops’ we are passionate about providing Careers Education and Impartial Advice and Guidance (CEIAG). Every student has access to a wider variety of provision and activities.
- -Access to a face-to-face interview with an independent careers adviser
- -Career talks from local and national employers, educational institutions and training and apprenticeship providers
- -Work related learning in PSHCE lessons
- -A regular careers newsletter (delivered to Year 10 and Year 11 forms and displayed around the school)
- -Fast Tomato careers advice and guidance website
- -Information about the National Careers Service website and helpline
- -Information about the National Apprenticeship Service website
All students are welcome to make an appointment with the school’s careers advisor.
This service is actively marketed to Year 8 – Year 13 students. In addition to a booking system in the school library, the careers adviser makes priority appointments for Pupil Premium and SEN students for Year 9 upwards. The careers adviser also makes appointments for students to ensure that all either book an appointment or are invited for one during KS4 and KS5.
The careers advisor is also present at Y10, Y11, Y12 and Y13 parents’ evening and at the Year 9 options evening. In addition to this, every student from year 7 to 11 has access to Fast Tomato, an online careers advice package and in year 12 and 13 they have access to ULAS. Students in Year 8 and Year 12 are introduced to this service through form time and personal development sessions and Year 10 and Year 13 students are given a “refresher” session during form time
To contact our school’s career adviser please email
Mrs Diane Schofield firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact our Head of Work Related Learning please email
Mrs C Toczyski email@example.com