Exams & Key Information
Up to date regulations relating to exams, coursework, non-exam assessments, social media etc. can be found on the JCQ website by clicking on the button below
Exam Checklist - for students
- Students must arrive to the Bistro 15 minutes prior to an examination. 9am for a morning exam, 1pm for an afternoon exam
- When taking exams, bags and coats should be left in lockers/form room (speak to form tutor).
- Allow time to go to the toilet before the exam, do not wait until you get to the exam room
- Notes, Electronic devices and watches – Students must not have any revision notes, mobile phones, headphones, MP3 etc or any watches in their possession (either on or off). This is very important – if a phone or watch is found it could result in your exam disqualification, they must not be taken into the exam room.
- Students must bring a black pen, calculator (with any data stored deleted) pencil, rubber and any other stationery which is required for your exam. Only clear pencil cases are allowed. Gel pens cannot be used for an exam – many exam papers are scanned and sent electronically for marking.
- Listen to the instructions given by the exams staff, don’t complete any information or start looking through question booklets until advised to do so
- Do not talk or communicate in any way with other students after entering the exam room. If you have a question raise your hand once seated and an invigilator will come to you.
- Students sitting KS4 examination must wear school uniform, Students are advised to dress sensibly for an exam. The temperature in the exam room can fluctuate during the May/June time.
- No food is allowed in the exam hall (if a student has a special requirement – please see Mrs Ellams, Exams Officer, before the exams).
- Water bottles are allowed in the exam hall. These should be clear bottles with no writing (this includes embossed brand name etc) and there should be no label on the bottle.
- External exams are not run according to the school timetable/lesson times. Do not be late for an exam due to an assumption that it will start at period 1 or 4.
- Check if your exam is due to finish after the end of the school day (allow 15 min leeway) and make alternative arrangements to get home if needed.